Empowering You to Help Yourself to Improved Comfort, Health and Well-being for now and the future.
Download our information leaflet here Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs Trifold Info Leaflet vSept2018.
Seeking a ‘Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs’ 12-week Course?- Go to our Find a Teacher Page.
‘Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs’ (YHLB) 12-class Course Gives You…
A Help Yourself, Life-Long Healthy Living Tool-kit
– A self-empowering 12-class course
taught over 3-4 months
by a highly-skilled and well-trained Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs registered teacher.
– Learn to help yourself
to improved comfort, health and well-being
for now and the future.
– Unique, strongly evidence-based classes
taught according to 12 YHLB class plans,
accompanied by comprehensive evidence-based educational resources
for long-term self-management.
How to sign up?
- You must pre-book a place on a course via the teacher well in advance. Your teacher will want to speak to you on the phone briefly about your back before you begin the course and this is your opportunity to ask questions, although the teacher will send you info by email. For access onto the course and contributing to your lifelong healthy living toolkit, you will need to get your own Resources Pack from our not-for-profit social enterprise prior to attending the 12-week course in order to help yourself for the long-term – your teacher will tell you when to get this, i.e. as soon as the course start-date is confirmed. Thank you for understanding that you might need to wait for a course start-date, as everyone needs to begin together.
- Yoga before? – attend a YHLB course and enjoy going back to yoga foundations: to help long-term; to help inform your general class practice; and to encourage safe and effective home practice.
No Course near you? N.B. It is best to learn with a YHLB teacher, so this is what we recommend.
- Been to yoga classes before? – If you are not experiencing severe back pain, you may find that you will be able to help yourself via the Resources Pack, but would recommend finding a YHLB teacher to help you more.
- Never done yoga before? – i. You would be likely to benefit from our YHLB Relaxation Album (especially Track 1). Consider asking experienced yoga teachers near you to do the YHLB teacher training course.
ITV’s Tonight programme featured this YHLB yoga on 28 February 2019 ‘Back Pain – Britain’s Unseen Crisis’.
To view this yoga part of the ITV programme, Short Video Testimonials and more videos – follow the link below for our ‘Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs’ YouTube Channel