NEW for 2020 – Online / On Demand Videos for Hire or Purchase (UK and Europe)
SUPPLEMENTARY OR ALTERNATIVE WAY OF LEARNING (along with Resources Pack)
Alison and others now feel the time is right to offer up more ways to help people to learn and benefit from the YOGA for Healthy Lower Backs programme. The aim is to keep the hire/purchase costs as reasonable as possible.
Link to Videos Here…..
SOME REASONS WHY YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE ON DEMAND VIDEOS
You wish to try DIY / On Demand YHLB Yoga because of one or several of the examples below:
- There is no YHLB Yoga teacher near you
- Your nearest YHLB Yoga teacher is no longer teaching the programme at a time to suit you.
- You have general backache, which may be painful all the time or the discomfort/pain might come and go, but you do not have complex back issues nor multiple additional health conditions, where it is recommended you have a YHLB Yoga teacher to guide you.
- You are a busy person, aged between 18 and 60, who wishes to help themselves at home via online / digital learning methods.
YOU WILL NEED – Resources Pack + A, B, C, and D or preferably E above.
You are attending a YHLB Yoga course, but want more motivation to help you continue to learn and practice well into the future.
YOU WILL NEED – Resources Pack, A, B, C, and possibly D or E above.
You have already attended a YHLB Yoga course, but wish to enhance learning and increase your enthusiasm to practice by repeating some or all of the course at home.
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM – Resources Pack, A, B, C, and D or E above.
You are a trained / in-training YHLB Yoga Teacher and wish to increase knowledge.
YOU WILL NEED – Resources Pack, A, B, C, and D or preferably E above.
WHAT IS FOUND IN THIS VIMEO SERIES
The following video sections (N.B. You must have a Resources Pack to benefit):
A. ‘Relieve Back Pain’ (1 video)
B. CORE A, CORE B and COMPLETE CORE Practice Sequences (3 videos)
C. PROGRESSIVE A and PROGRESSIVE B Practice Sequences (2 videos)
D. 12 Classes (audio/photo version) – Coming Soon (possibly)
E. 12 Classes (full video version) – Coming Soon (Separate Series)
(Follow-on Classes – possibly, if there is a demand)
You can HIRE (30 days) or PURCHASE (view on Vimeo for as long as the page exists or download) videos in Sections A, B and C. You can only HIRE the 12 classes’ videos.
When going back to view your hired or bought Vimeo On Demand Videos – Go to the Vimeo on Demand page ‘Alison’s e-Learning -YOGA for Healthy Lower Backs Series’, sign into Vimeo with your email, Facebook or Google/gmail account, CLICK on the BLUE SMILEY FACE on top bar to then CLICK on PURCHASES, which shows you any videos that you have still available to watch.
STEPS TO HELPING YOURSELF WITH THESE VIDEO RESOURCES
(Including from which YHLB Yoga Class onwards, you need each Practice Sequence)
N.B. You can spread out your learning and take as long as you need.
Generally, people take 3-12 months to complete the course with its home practice, but the positive learning for improved health and well-being continues forever as yoga is integrated into daily living.
Classes are normally attended weekly with a mid-course break and perhaps a break after Class 1, but it is fine to take longer breaks between Classes 5 and 12 (whilst continuing to do some home practice between classes).
- Therapeutic yoga is different to average general yoga classes, so when practising please remember these adages for YHLB Yoga:- ‘Less is More’; ‘Find Optimum, not Maximum’; ‘Kind and Gentle’; ‘Do what feels right for you on any one day.’
- Before you start, get your Resources Pack from yogaforbacks.co.uk for use throughout the whole course and forever.
- Use the ‘Relieve Back Pain’ video to help you to help yourself when you get a ‘sign’ of a painful back episode to reduce or prevent a flare-up. This introduces a 3-Step Plan. This is taught more thoroughly at Class 1 of the course. It is best learnt with a teacher, but many people find they can learn to help themselves. GPs are signposting to this.
- Attend Classes 2-6, which introduce CORE A (Class 2), CORE B (Class 3) and COMPLETE CORE (Class 6) Practice Sequences. (These work best when you alternate CORE A and CORE B.)
- Attend Classes 7-12, which introduce the PROGRESSIVE A (Class 7) and PROGRESSIVE B (Class 8) sequences. (These work best when you alternate these two sequences, but also add in some CORE sequences too.)
- Keep practising twice a week to maintain health and/or join a weekly yoga class. We are sure this will help you, as it has many others (see our case studies at yogaforbacks.co.uk).
- Sign up on the Vimeo page to be kept up-to-date with new resources and thanks for telling others about this video series.
- Save the link to this page and to the Vimeo on Demand page to check back for more.
Please enjoy them and tell others about them – we rely on word-of-mouth to help in the sharing of this project. We strongly recommend you consider additionally joining a YOGA for Healthy Lower Backs 12-week course taught by a YHLB Yoga trained teacher (in person, virtual/online).
Enjoy and thank you for your support.
With huge thanks to Tara Samvat for her professionalism, skilled efforts and amazing expertise in filming, editing and compiling of these educational video resources.
Disclaimers are found on each video – Please read them. Of course, in person class attendance is likely to give improved outcomes comparative to learning from this video series. Please ask your health professional for guidance.